Just Me

Just Me

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally More Books To Add

First, tried to find all the books I have written over the years and couldn't locate them on ANY CD that I had marked...they were all blank.  I called up Diana and had told her the situation, asking if she had anything in hard copy, which she did, but thought it would be easier for me to just take the hard drives from my other computer and put them in this one, which I tried to do.  After 30 minutes of taking out screws and putting them back in, I realized that the plugs didn't match up either, so I put the old computer in the closet, kept the 2 hard drives and took it all to the "Computer Doctor".  The next day I had it back and, even though it wasn't running faster, I found a lot of files I didn't know I had, pictures I was missing, and most of all, my books that I could get up on here.  This afternoon I decided to start doing it, only to realize that the old MS Works isn't the same as the one I have now, that some of my things were saved in Word files, and some I couldn't find at all.  LUCKILY I found a converter and was able to convert some of them, some were copied and pasted onto a Word Pad, then came the good news.  I hit drive 2 and all files and found almost EVERY book!  As of right now, I'm missing 2, but I know I have them in the computer somewhere, and if not, I have them in hardcopy!!!!


So enjoy your reading....there's 2 going up today and then more will be coming in the next few days. 


Also, sent out The Yankee Gentleman to Harlequin Nocturne....let's cross our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment